What do we do?
We focus exclusively on recruiting Board Directors (Executive and Non-Executive) and Senior Management roles.
We identify existing and emerging talent, assess, track, and place the right candidates at the right time for our clients.
Who do we work with?
We do our very best work with privately-owned, PE-backed, or AIM-listed SMEs, autonomous subsidiaries of larger corporates, social enterprises, and charities across the North East of England.
Why do we do it?
Where there is talent, there is success. The highest performing organisations have even higher performing leadership teams. For transforming or growing organisations, a great leadership team will outperform a good one any day. High performing organisations will grow, create opportunities, and generate economic and social wealth to the benefit of us all.
Why choose us?
Our purpose is to support entrepreneurialism and business growth in the North East of England.
We are only interested in building long-term, strategic partnerships based on meaningful and opportunity-creating collaboration. We offer:
- a focused and personal approach, creativity and diversity of thought
- 20 years’ experience in executive search and talent tracking
- 5 years’ working alongside one of the region’s largest corporate finance teams
- an outstanding reputation for integrity and professionalism
- the ability to engage with an unrivalled network of business leaders, non-executive directors, angel investors, venture capital and private equity houses, bankers and business advisors
- intuitive, insightful and imaginative candidate sourcing
- a deep understanding of client needs
- a long term perspective; relationships built on trust and respect; ready to volunteer advice and support to candidates and clients; making value-adding business opportunity introductions
- an insistence on only making candidates introductions that seek to align the right skillset, personality and ethical beliefs, not just qualifications and experience
- an unrivalled market knowledge
- our board evaluation and effectiveness capability which will ensure maximum, long term, return on investment for our clients.
5% of fee revenue is gifted to our social enterprise, The Experience Bank™, to give more start-up and early stage enterprises, charities and social enterprises free access to invaluable, non-executive support that would otherwise be difficult, if not impossible, for them to find or afford.
Sophie Lawler, CEO at Total Fitness (a NorthEdge Capital backed business)
Supremely passionate about quality Northern talent, it has been my great pleasure to work with Peter. I worked with Peter during both my own search for the right role, and my subsequent search for the right Chairman to support me. I know Peter to be an exceptionally active listener, creative thinker and great counsel. All three qualities make him exceptionally well placed to seek the right talent, timing and fit to build sustainable successful teams.
Stuart Stephens, now Co-owner of E-Power
Peter recruited me into my current role several years ago and I have continued to work with him on a strategic basis regarding the recruitment of NEDs and senior managers. Unlike the 'numbers game' of some recruitment firms, Peter's approach has always had my business's long term aims uppermost in his mind.
Moray Martin, NED and Investor
Peter listens to what you have to say, sees the opportunity, thinks about it, takes the appropriate soundings and then provides the inputs and connections that put you immediately on the pathway to the solution. All of this is done in an efficient, timely, gentle and encouraging manner. His focus is entirely on the interest of his clients and for this reason I have no hesitation in adding my personal endorsement and recommendation.